Saturday 19 September 2015

Review : Crash (Crash #1) by Nicole Williams


Summary :


Southpointe High is the last place Lucy wanted to wind up her senior year of school. Right up until she stumbles into Jude Ryder, a guy whose name has become its own verb, and synonymous with trouble. He's got a rap sheet that runs longer than a senior thesis, has had his name sighed, shouted, and cursed by more women than Lucy dares to ask, and lives at the local boys home where disturbed seems to be the status quo for the residents. Lucy had a stable at best, quirky at worst, upbringing. She lives for wearing the satin down on her ballet shoes, has her sights set on Juilliard, and has been careful to keep trouble out of her life. Up until now. 

Jude's everything she needs to stay away from if she wants to separate her past from her future. Staying away, she's about to find out, is the only thing she's incapable of. 

For Lucy Larson and Jude Ryder, love's about to become the thing that tears them apart. 


Review :


“You can’t be friends with the person you were meant to spent your life with” 

The story hooked me right from the first paragraph - I took an instant liking to it and it just immediately put you right inside the narrator's head and had me flipping pages like crazy!
On the surface, its this classic bad boy meets good girl story but, right from the beginning, you can feel deeper, darker, painful undertones and you just know that when you learn the back stories, its going to be heart-wrenching.
You could just feel the sizzling chemistry/connection that Lucy and Jude had when they first met. I swear I felt like I was meeting him myself - my heart was pounding and just completely melted :)

But seriously, my heart just broke for Jude and his past :( Seeing someone who clearly has such a good heart be haunted by these demons and be made to think so little of himself was heart breaking.

“I’m cancer, Luce. And not the kind that you can kill off with radiation. The kind that kills you in the end.” 

He's "a boy with beautiful eyes and an ugly past", a total and complete bad boy with a bit of a temper (especially triggered when people attack or insult his girl) who has led a very rough life, but has a heart of gold and is just totally into his girl! *SWOON* and I loved that he had a deeper side to him - life taught him some hard lesson, perhaps far too soon, but with Lucy's help, he tried so hard to overcome his past. But seriously, my heart just broke for Jude and his past :( Seeing someone who clearly has such a good heart be haunted by these demons and be made to think so little of himself was heart breaking. He's "a boy with beautiful eyes and an ugly past", a total and complete bad boy with a bit of a temper (especially triggered when people attack or insult his girl) who has led a very rough life, but has a heart of gold and is just totally into his girl! *SWOON* and I loved that he had a deeper side to him - life taught him some hard lesson, perhaps far too soon, but with Lucy's help, he tried so hard to overcome his past.

" I did drugs. I got arrested. A lot. I screwed a lot of faceless women.” He paused, sucking in a breath. “And then I met one whose face I couldn’t forget. I fell in love with her. I hurt her because I fell in love with her and was afraid she was going to leave me the way everyone else had." 

I'm so excited this turned out to be a trilogy because I'm nowhere near done reading about Jude and Lucy!


Ratings : 4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment