Sunday 1 March 2015

***Book Review*** Florence By Ciye Cho


Summary :

"Seventeen-year-old Florence Waverley is out of her depth. Literally. Kidnapped and brought down to Niemela--the hidden world of mermaids and mermen--Florence is the ultimate gift for Prince Kiren: a human familiar tied to his side. But nothing is what it seems amid the beauty and danger of the dark ocean.

Every Niemelan has a role to play, from the mermaids who weave towers out of kelp to the warriors who fight sea monsters. But in trying to survive, Florence will end up in the middle of a war between the mer and the Darkness. A conflict that will push her between two brothers: Kiren, the charmer inexplicably drawn to both her and the monsters; and Rolan, the loner who has been pushing her away since the day they met. But in order to take a stand--and find out where she belongs--Florence will have to risk it all: her life, her heart... and her very soul."


Review:

Florence was in one word unexpected. 

This book was a breath of fresh air for me. I'd never read a mermaid book before so Florence was a first for me and I'm so glad to say that it did not disappoint. I has so much fun reading it. Every time I had to put it down I couldnt help but wonder what is going to happen next.
It made me want to turn the pages as quickly as possible but at the same time also made me want to go at a slow pace so i could savor it. One thing that ccould without a doubt be better is the cover. I didnt find the cover that appealing. It could definetly have a unique and gorgeous cover something that this kind of story deserves.

Florence Waverly's story is a fascinating one. The vivid detailing of this exotic underwater world has opened up my imagination to a whole new level. I cannot thank the author for that enough. 

Now the characters. Florence is a girl who has never been given an oppurtunity to open up and be her real self. But when she's exposed to a new and amazing world underwater we get to see a completely different side to her. Yolee was one adorable girl. She just made me want to hug her all the time. Kiren was um lets say unpredictable. I just couldnt pin him down as the good guy or the bad one. He just had me confused. But at the end I couldnt help but feel for him. Than there is Rolan. His hot and cold mood swings had me really enjoying his scenes with Flortence. 

Overall I'd say this is one awesome book. I cant wait to read the sequel! trust me when I say GO! FOR! IT!

Loads of thanks to the author for providing me with this unique book to read and review.

Rating : 4/5 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment