Friday 28 March 2014

REVIEW : Crossing By Stacey Wallace Benefiel



SUMMARY :

Due to heavy subject matter, Crossing is recommended for readers 17+.

He stole her lipstick…and her heart.

Twenty-year-old Dani Walker can’t believe her luck when she’s paired up with the gorgeous Liam Garrett as her Acting I scene partner – or when he ends up in her bed. Being a Plain Jane with a mouth on her hasn’t exactly served Dani well in the guy department. In fact, she’s had nothing but one night stands. Still, she lets go of her insecurities and falls for Liam, despite feeling like he’s holding something back.

When Dani finally discovers Liam’s secret, she must learn the true meaning of accepting the ones we love for who they are, or risk losing the best thing that’s ever happened to her.

REVIEW :

I never thought that that opening line of this book would mean so much more than - definitely so much more! Plus this is one of those rare times that a story definitely leaves me somewhat disturbed and a bit skeptical. Crossing is not your generic Contemporary story. At first, I thought it was just that but I was definitely wrong. It deals with more prominent issues that I was honestly not aware of until I have read this.

Dani is our chubby heroine with body and social issues but usually brush it away by giving self-depreciating jokes about her. She's sarcastic and witty! I understand her shortcomings but sometimes it gets too much and with Liam telling her sweet nottings her insecurities wouldn’t go away and it’s eating her up in a not so good way. Her background wasn’t much explore which has its pros and cons - con because I wanted to see where those short coming and insecurities of her came from; I'm looking for some history. The pro to this is that the author did a good job of at least balancing out her past and focusing more on the present pressing matters.

Liam was also okay but I didn’t get quite a connection with him. I guess it was because of his too deep and reflective character - I don’t know. But I do like how he challenged Dani.

The way these two met has me really smiling. And their interactions make me giddier about them. I like how Liam keeps up with Dani's attitude - sarcastic wit or not. Their relationship starts of normal - sweet and slow building - but once you got to know it all and the beans are spilled I thought their relationship was really not normal at all - it was unique and if it works for the both of them - lets just leave them at that.

If you wanted to see something fresh and something new you should give Crossing a try. It was a story more on the side of acceptance, overcoming fears and self discovery.

RATING : 3/5 STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment