Sunday 23 March 2014

ARC Review: Divine Vices By Melissa Parkin




Summary:

Danger seldom leaves its victims unscathed in the ways of seduction, and this lesson is one that sixteen-year-old Cassie Foster now knows all too well.

Nine months following the traumatic accident that claimed the life of her mother and sister, this high school junior has at last found a fresh start in the quiet town of New Haven, Maine. In the company of her best friends, Ian and Gwen, she’s bracing the usual turmoil of adolescence and taking all in stride… until the new transfer student, Jackson Matthews, comes walking into her life. He’s arrogant, sarcastic, roguish, devastatingly sexy, and the very last thing Cassie wants to entertain. But when circumstances drive these two together, she finds herself a bit too close for comfort as their bond intensifies. Plagued by unexplainable events, a sudden string of disappearances, and even a cult-related murder, Cassie begins to fear for her life. Is it all just a coincidence that these happenings began when this Casanova strolled into town, or has she in fact fallen for a real lady-killer, or worse?”

Review:

Wow. Divine Vices is one hell of a book. I dont even know where to start. I enjoyed reading this book so so much! I could barely put it down. Divine Vices has everything that I typically look for in a book. The girl who barely knows anything and the guy who knows everything.

It reminded me of Hush Hush which you may say is one of my all time favourite series. I found Cassie to be a nice character though she did seem to be blind to what's right in front of her.
Then there is Jack. In one word. Perfect. He had the perfect air of mystery surrounding him. I enjoyed all of Cassie & Jack time in the book. Similarly with Ian & Gwen. Between Ian & Jack the one that Cassie chose is exactly what I was hoping for. So Yay! Super happy about that. :D
About the plot...all I'm gonna say is whenever I assumed something was gonna happen the story took a twist that was unpredictable. Specifically the ending of the book.That was simply awesome. And yes there is also something in this book that we all hate so much. A cliffhanger. Melissa give me the sequel. I'm dying here.Pretty please! ;)

Rating: 4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment