Friday 14 February 2014

Review : Wild Cards (Wild Cards #1) By Simone Elkeles


After getting kicked out of boarding school, bad boy Derek Fitzpatrick has no choice but to live with his ditzy stepmother while his military dad is deployed. Things quickly go from bad to worse when he finds out she plans to move them back to her childhood home in Illinois. Derek’s counting the days before he can be on his own, and the last thing he needs is to get involved with someone else’s family drama.

Ashtyn Parker knows one thing for certain--people you care about leave without a backward glance. A football scholarship would finally give her the chance to leave. So she pours everything into winning a state championship, until her boyfriend and star quarterback betrays them all by joining their rival team. Ashtyn needs a new game plan, but it requires trusting Derek—someone she barely knows, someone born to break the rules. Is she willing to put her heart on the line to try and win it all?

Review :

" I'm tryin' to push you away when all I want to do is hold you. I know you say you don't want a hero, but damn I'd like to be that guy who'll save you from spiders and whatever and whoever else hurts you." 

I absolutely adored this story. Everything was perfect in it. Be it the cover, the story, the pace , the characters..I'm sure you get what I mean. All I wish is the the book to be a little longer. But than when you read stories you start to love you, would never want them coming to an end, right? :D

Where do I even start? I LOVED the cover SO much, it seems perfect for the story!! 

The story is actually told from two POV, one is Ashlyn and one is Derek…. And .. I couldn’t love those two any more! Ash is one of the few girls who play football together with the boys, and…. She’s good! She’s really good and all her Teammates loves and support her! But Ash is definitely not a Tomboy – she can also be super sexy and girly. I loved that about her. She has as many girl friends as she has boy friends and she easily got along with all of them! On top of this she has spunk! Yes, this girl doesn’t take crap from anyone and is strong, focused and determined!
Derek was rebellious, but not too much to be annoying. But. After the death of his mother he lost his focus and rather played pranks than taking anything seriously. But, there is so much more about him. The way he interacted with his stepmother and especially his little kid brother was breaking my heart it was so damn sweet!

But, I mostly enjoyed Derek’s attitude! The way he constantly teased Ash and constantly challenged her and it drove her nuts! He’s a little arrogant but since we also get glimpses of his thoughts we know that he just likes to put this wall of arrogance around himself. The chemistry was beautiful, hot and also sometimes heartbreaking. Both are so vulnerable especially when it comes to admitting real feelings and I found it to be raw but it was never overdone and never over the top!

Simone Elkeles is an absoluely amazing author! I loved her Perfect Chemistry Trilogy & I'm sure Wild Cards is just gonna be another series which will end up on my favorites shelf!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment