Thursday 23 January 2014

Review : Wrecked (Wrecked #1) By Priscilla West


SUMMARY :

“There would be no happy ending for us. He was too damaged. I was too broken.”

Two years ago, Lorrie’s mother was murdered. But that wasn’t the end of it. Reeling from the tragedy, Lorrie’s father spiraled into alcohol, depression, and finally suicide.

The two most important people in Lorrie’s life are both gone but she’s still alive.

Trying to recover from the tragedy, Lorrie returns to campus, ready to pick up the pieces of her life. All Lorrie wants is to get back to “normal.”

Then she meets Hunter. The man, the legend, “the Hammer.”

Hunter is a cage fighter who takes on every fight like he’s got nothing to lose. His life is a tangled mess of girls, booze, and fist fights. And while it may seem like he’s got a devil-may-care attitude, he’s fighting a private cage-match with a monster he can’t defeat.

Lorrie knows that Hunter is the exact type of guy she should stay away from, especially in her fragile state, but Hunter has other ideas.

As Hunter and Lorrie grow closer together, will they be able to overcome their pain and heal each other? Or will they both end up wrecked?

WRECKED
RESCUED (WRECKED BOOK TWO: Coming Early 2014)

Review :

"We're both drowning, Hunter." 
I sobbed, trying to push him away but he held me tightly.
"I'm flailing like an idiot and I'm just going to 
pull you down with me! We're both going to drown, 
can't you see that? I can't do that to you, Hunter..." 

I think my heart just broke into pieces. Hunter! How?? How could you bear Lorrie's burden when you had such a big one of your own? My heart shatters everytime I think about it!

About the character's now. I understand what and why Lorrie's couldn't trust anyone or couldn't get into a relationship with Hunter I do really, but as the story progressed I felt her to be overreacting. A lot. I mean okay we get it that you've been through hell. But c'mon girl you gotta be a bit more sensitive to others too. They have their own shit going on. I dont want to spoil the story for those who haven't read it yet but I have to spill out what pissed me off the most in the story. 

During the last fight in the end when Hunter was on his deathbed he pleaded Lorrie to not leave him & she was like "I have to go,I'm sorry" and all that crap! I mean how dare you claim to love someone who need you as his next breath and just walk away!!??!!

THAT REALLY PISSED ME OFF A LOT! I wanted to become Ada at that moment and slap some sense into Lorrie! 

Phew! I think I've let off some steam that had gathered up after reading the end. I did really love Daniela & Gary's characters. They were simply wonderful and the best friends you could ask for. I hope they get a story of their own. Priscilla..I hope you hear me! *Grin*

Overall, it was a good story. It kept me interested & turning the pages till the end. Any book which does hat to me will always remain a good book. Wrecked sure was one of them. I simply cannot wait for the conclusion of this story which continues in RESCUED. Hopefully in which Lorrie comes to her senses before literally wrecking her, & hunter's life & happiness as well as ruining the story for me! Finger's crossed for Rescued.

"ARC received by the author for an honest review"

Rating : 4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment