Thursday 23 January 2014

ARC REVIEW : Deep Blue Secret (The Water Keepers #1) By Christie Anderson


SUMMARY :

California teen, Sadie James, thinks her life couldn't get any better. She has great friends, an energetic mother she adores, and the beach practically in her own backyard. But her carefree life is turned upside down when she's rescued by a mysterious and strangely familiar boy who won't even tell her his name.

Each time the boy appears, Sadie's unexplainable attraction to him deepens along with her need to unravel his secrets. The boy is there to protect her. But as wonderful and exciting as it might be to have an irresistible boy with crystal green eyes protecting her every move, every minute of the day . . . why does Sadie need one?

As Sadie finds answers, she realizes her life isn't as perfect as she thought. Not only is she caught in a world of dangerous secret agents she never knew existed, but it turns out her true identity may be the greatest secret of all.

REVIEW :

***ARC received for an honest review***

So happy to say that I said yes to review this book. I really liked it. Loved the lead characters Sadie & Rayne. Oh Rayne! 

 "I stared at his suntanned chest. I was usually better controlled around muscles,
but in this case, I just kept staring.
He glanced at me from the corner of his eye and turned back to my direction. I'd swear he was holding back asmile. Was he purposely teasing me?"

Okay I'm gonna leave my swooning for later. *Grin*

“You make it sound like I’m perfect or something. Nobody’s perfect.”
His voice was soft. “To me you are…”

I liked the writing style a lot obviously because it kept me hooked to the story. Being inside Sadie's head was real fun. I could feel what she felt, the sudden sadness, her determination to be cheerful, her instant attraction to Rayne. Though Rayne & Sadie were star-crossed lovers I would have liked a little more romance between them. Rayne! You hear me? You gotta let go a little. Lose some control boy!!

Moving on to the story, Sadie here lives a happy life with her mother. She doesn't know her father since he left before she was even born. She believes that she would never see him again or hear his voice only she doesn't know how wrong she would be. Than one fine day she had the sudden urge to cry so to get out of that sadness she went to the beach. Enter Rayne. Seeing Rayne, Sadie feels an almost uncontrollable attraction to him. She feels like she knows him but doesn't remember how or why or when. 

Rayne’s hands opened outward in frustration.
“I can think of nothing else but speaking to her again. I find myself distracted, unable to focus, longing for the exhilaration of her company, planning a future with her that can never be
possible…”

As the story proceeds, secrets are revealed, some may surprise you, some you may never see coming! Who is Rayne? What is the silver liquid he always carries around with him? Why does she feel like they belong together yet he flat out refuses to encourage her feelings. Oh  and did that guy just say that Sadie was his daughter? (wink)

Find out the answers to these questions in this great start to a series DEEP BLUE SECRET. Oh where is the sequel, I need to go get that! ;)

Rating : 4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment