Sunday 17 November 2013

Review : Ryan Hunter (Grover Beach Team #2) By Piper Shelly


Summary :

Ryan Hunter kissed more girls than he cares to remember. But the only one he ever wanted is in love with his best friend.

Watching Liza Matthews’ obsession with Tony Mitchell is a torture Ryan conceals from everyone. Until after a five-week soccer camp, where Tony gets involved with someone else, things suddenly take a different turn. Ryan knows if he doesn’t make a move now and grab his chance, he might never get another. 

When Tony asks him to distract Liza, Ryan is only too happy. He subtly seduces her first into his soccer team and later on to his party. He does all in his power to make her see that he’s not just an insufferable playboy but a guy who really cares about her.

Some one-on-one soccer training, a passionate kiss — things seem to be going the way he wants. Except Ryan didn’t reckon on his best friend showing up at the worst possible moment and destroying everything...


Review :


“But you know, when you're in love, there's this denial button you just switch on, and everything is good for a while.” 

Could this book get any better? I THINK NOT!! I don't think I've ever read a guy's POV this good, I just could not put this book down!! LITERALLY!! Can I please have my own Ryan Hunter...like RIGHT NOW! *GRINS*

This book did so many things to me. Firstly it made me fall for Ryan ALL OVER AGAIN. Secondly, it made me understand the book, the relationships and the characters even better. I really liked the first book but I have to say that Ryan's POV topped it without a doubt.

Seeing how he's really into Liza throughout the book makes me smile - I mean a guy like him with girls flaunting on his ways yet he's pinning for that one girl who doesn’t even see him. Sigh. It made us all see how vulnerably in love he is with Liza and see the extent of what he could do for her.

I'll never get tired of stories like this - no dramas, not too much conflict, plain sweetness and happiness. I'm certainly looking forward in reading more from this author and I saw that Tony's story is on its way. Can't wait to read his own happy ever after. 

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment