Saturday 26 October 2013

ARC Review : Gone Wild By Ever McCormick



Summary :


Just before college graduation, Ina--star of her senior class--made a mistake that went viral. Then, when life seemed like it couldn’t get any worse, she walked in on her boyfriend cheating with her roommate. To get away, Ina ventures to a cabin on a remote mountain, intent on some solitary time.

She doesn’t count on Adam -- the man who watches over the cabins -- being so distractingly sexy. Adam came to the mountain to get distance from anything that could cause him pain, and Ina stirs feelings in him he thought he’d left behind.

As Adam and Ina open up about their pasts, the mountain seems like the perfect setting for a second chance at love.

Until they realize they’re not alone.

Add To GOODREADS


Review :

*Received Through NetGalley For An Honest Review*

I agree  with Adam. There is nothing more peaceful than waking up to the peak of a luscious, green mountain right outside your window. The serene dip of a dark valley. The seclusion is tranquil. But, would I want to stay there day in, day out? Never leaving? Getting my groceries via Amazon? Nope. I like human interaction every now and then. I’d probably go stark raving mad if I was stranded in the mountains for months at a time.

I enjoyed Ina’s time in the mountains, exploring and finding herself, but something just seemed to be missing. When the mystery of the “mistake that went viral” was unmasked, I felt letdown. I expected something more… outrageous, I guess. I adored Adam. How could you not? He was sweet, thoughtful and protective… and HOT. He had a well flushed out backstory. I liked Ina right up until her ex, Michael, arrived and she started making terrible decisions and handling situations terribly. The lack of consideration to Adam’s feelings was really frustrating to me. Ina’s struggle between the comfortable and the “what could be” was something I could, however, appreciate. It’s terribly easy to get sucked back into the familiar, good or bad, because it’s easier than the unexpected.


All in all It was all wrapped up pretty nicely. It’s not a book that I would necessarily read again, but it’s a good short read when you need an escape.
Rating : 2/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment