Thursday 1 August 2013

The Impact of You By Kendall Ryan Review

The Impact of You By Kendall Ryan 

Paperback : 324

Release Date  June 7th 2013  By Createspace

Characters : Avery , Jase

First Sentence :

"Thirty minutes into my first college party, and I’m ready to smack someone in the face with a shovel."

Last Sentence : 

"And I’m feeling pretty good about what I’ve learned."

Summary :

**New Adult Romance** 

Needing an escape from her past, Avery chooses a college where no one knows her. Keeping a low profile was the plan, falling for the intense frat boy, Jase wasn’t. Yet she can’t deny how alive she feels when he’s near. Even as common sense implores her to stay away, her body begs her to get closer.

Jase, numb from his own family drama, has grown bored with weekends fueled by nameless girls and countless bottles when he meets Avery. Helping her cope with her past is better than dealing with the bullshit his own life’s served up. Determined to drive away the painful secret she’s guarding, he appoints himself her life coach, and challenges her to new experiences. Getting close to her and being the one to make her smile are simply perks of the job. 

But when Avery’s past boldly saunters in, refusing to be forgotten, can Jase live with the truth about the girl he’s fallen for?


Review :

I was really looking forward to this book unfortunately, I had so many issues with this book and things I didn't like. While I wasn't miserable reading it, I definitely did not enjoy it like I thought I was going to. I didn't care for the main characters and I really tried to. 
Avery was just a bland character in my opinion. She doesn't do the party scene and only ends up at Jase's fraternity party because of her two best friends. They want her to come out of her shell, but clearly warn her that Jase Owens is trouble. Avery comes across as naive at times and just didn't have a very strong voice in the novel.
 
Jase, on the other hand, is your typical popular frat guy who has a reputation for sleeping around and being a player. However, after a family incident, he is reformed and now has his sights set on Avery. Avery has a past that she has not felt comfortable opening up to him about, even after he confides in her about some of his family skeletons, and once he finds out he blows it way out of proportion. I understand he is hurt because he had to find out from someone other than her and he feels manipulated, but dude. You do NOT go and tell the girl's best friend her secret. I mean that's ridiculous. 

This is the first book by Kendall Ryan I have read, and I doubt it will be the last- this particular book just didn't work for me, sadly. Had I liked the characters a bit more, I probably would have rated this a bit higher. 

No comments:

Post a Comment