Monday 3 June 2013

Walking Disaster (Beautiful #2) By Jamie McGuire Review
























SUMMARY

Finally, the highly anticipated follow-up to the New York Times bestseller Beautiful Disaster. 

Can you love someone too much?

Travis Maddox learned two things from his mother before she died: Love hard. Fight harder.

In Walking Disaster, the life of Travis is full of fast women, underground gambling, and violence. But just when he thinks he is invincible, Abby Abernathy brings him to his knees.

Every story has two sides. In Beautiful Disaster, Abby had her say. Now it’s time to see the story through Travis’s eyes.


REVIEW

Oh dear fairy godmother turn me into Travis's Abby.

Honestly people the undeniable chemistry, and undying love between Abby and Travis is addicting.

I remember reading Beautiful Disaster and wondering things like “I wonder if Travis is hurting as much” or “why the hell did he do that?”…well now I know! If you thought you couldn’t love Travis more than you already do I am here to tell you that you are wrong! You can and will love him more (he is just too adorable and swoon worthy) but he will also frustrate you and have you wanting to hit him up side the head a few times. :D

I also loved Travis’ relationship with Shepley. You really see so much more of Shep and I loved how they bickered, teased, stood up for each other and then they had their moments of frustration and hurt. Learning more about Shepley is just another layer to this book and shows how much we really didn’t see and know. America is the bestest friend you could ever ask for. I loved her character in BD and even more now in WD.

I absolutely LOVED Walking Disaster as much as I loved Beautiful Disaster. Maybe even more. Travis and Abby's love story is full of angst, chemistry, drama, love and secrets. It is a beautifully written novel, and is easily my favorite book of all time.The ending was bittersweet for me, as I had to say goodbye for now to Travis and Abby, because at least I got to see how everything ended, and can hope that I will see them again when I read all of the Maddox brothers' stories.

All in all a big Thankyou to the author for giving us such an amazing and memorable story.

FAV QUOTES

“One of these days you're going to fall in love, son. Don't settle for just anyone. Choose the girl that doesn't come easy; the one you have to fight for, and then never stop fighting. Never” 


“There's a girl, Dad."
He smiled a bit. "A girl."
"She kinda hates me, and I kinda..."
"Love her?"
"I don't know. I don't think so. I mean...how do you know?"
His smile grew wider. "When you're talking about her with your old dad because you don't know what else to do.” 



Abby touched her palm to my cheek. "You know what, Mr. Maddox?"
"What, baby?"
Her expression turned serious.
"In another life, I could love you."
I watched her for a moment, staring into her glassed over eyes. She was drunk, but just for a moment it didn't seem wrong to pretend that she meant it.
"I might love you in this one.

“Once she kissed me, my heart slowed, and every muscle in my body relaxed. How much I needed her terrified me.

“The way I feel about you . . . it’s crazy.”
“You got the crazy part right,” she snapped, pulling away from me.
“I practiced this in my head the whole time we were on the bike, so just hear me out.”
“Travis—”
“I know we’re fucked-up, all right? I’m impulsive and hot tempered, and you get under my skin like no one else. You act like you hate me one minute, and then you need me the next. I never get anything right, and I don’t deserve you . . . but I fucking love you, Abby. I love you more than I’ve loved anyone or anything, ever. When you’re around, I don’t need booze or money or the fighting or the one-night stands . . . all I need is you. You’re all I think about. You’re all I dream about. You’re all I want.” 

“I like her," I said through my teeth.
Shepley held his hand to his ear. "What? I couldn't quite hear you."
"You're an asshole! Did you hear that?"
Shepley crossed his arms. "Say it."
"I like her, okay?"
"Not good enough."
"I have feelings for her. I care about her. A lot. I can't stand it when she's not around. Happy?” 

No comments:

Post a Comment