Friday 21 June 2013

Darkest Mercy (Wicked Lovely #5) By Melissa Marr Review


SUMMARY

Send the messengers for the Faery Courts. This is the end. 

The Summer King is missing; the Dark Court is bleeding; and a stranger walks the streets of Huntsdale, his presence signifying the deaths of powerful fey.

Aislinn tends to the Summer Court, searching for her absent king and yearning for Seth. Torn between his new queen and his old love, Keenan works from afar to strengthen his court against the coming war. Donia longs for fiery passion even as she coolly readies the Winter Court for battle. And Seth, sworn brother of the Dark King and heir to the High Queen, is about to make a mistake that could cost his life.

Love, despair, and betrayal ignite the Faery Courts, and in the final conflict, some will win...and some will lose everything.


The thrilling conclusion to Melissa Marr's New York Times bestselling Wicked Lovely series will leave readers breathless.


REVIEW

First of all can we all just agree that the cover is stunningly gorgeous? It really gave me high hopes that the series would end well. And those hopes were well founded, the series ended brilliantly.

Things ended dramatically in Radiant Shadows with the formation of the Shadow Court and the closing of the gates of Faerie from the mortal world. Banananch attacked and Irial is in a bad shape. Niall is overwhelmed with grief. Things are out of balance, Banananch is gaining power, and no one's happy in their love life! The events unfold with a sense of dread....a new guy is in town and his name is Death. And that's all I'll say about that *grin* I've actually surprisingly grown fond of all the characters in the series and of course the excludes Banananch.
The same conflicts that have always existed are becoming so important as to force our characters into decision points that have permanent consequences. And yes, sacrifices will be made.
This is the kind of book you race through because you must know what will happen, and yet, when I finished I wished I could discover the series all over again for the first time. 

I loved Darkest Mercy, was sorry to see it end, but I'm so thankful it ended well.

FAV QUOTES

“If you get killed. I'm going to be furious."
"I love you too. Come On.” 



“Stab one or two healers, and everyone overreacts.” 


“I'm not bloodthirsty, but...seriously, she killed you. She needs to be dead.” 


“Irial!”
“Still here.” Irial didn’t open his eyes, but he smiled a little.
“You’re an ass,” Niall said, but he kept his hands on Irial’s chest so that he could feel both pulse and breath.
“You too, Gancanagh,” Irial murmured.”



“I’ve never loved anyone the way I love you,” he whispered.
“Lucky them.” 



“If you fail me, I'll kill you. I swear it, Keenan. If you fail me, I'll rip your heart out with my own hands."
"If I fail you, I'll cut it out for you.” 



“Donia asked incredulously. “What were you doing?”
“The day had just begun, and we were dancing,” Aislinn said.
“Dancing?” Donia looked at the Summer Queen with the same disdain Keenan had once seen on her face when she looked at the Summer Girls. “Of course you were. Bananach is attacking faeries, stealing from our courts. Irial is injured. Faerie is closed. Yes, dancing is precisely what will help.” 



“The Summer King stroked her cheek with his thumb. “Can you offer me your fidelity? Your heart and your body and your companionship for eternity? Do you want my fidelity? Either love me or kiss me goodbye, my Summer Queen.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment