Wednesday 2 January 2013

Halo (Halo, #1) By Alexandra Adornetto


SUMMARY

An angel is sent to Earth on a mission.

But falling in love is not part of the plan.



Three angels – Gabriel, the warrior; Ivy, the healer; and Bethany, the youngest and most human – are sent by Heaven to bring good to a world falling under the influence of darkness. They work hard to conceal their luminous glow, superhuman powers, and, most dangerous of all, their wings, all the while avoiding all human attachments.

Then Bethany meets Xavier Woods, and neither of them is able to resist the attraction between them. Gabriel and Ivy do everything in their power to intervene, but the bond between Xavier and Bethany seems too strong.

The angel’s mission is urgent, and dark forces are threatening. Will love ruin Bethany or save her?

REVIEW

Halo is a tale of two star-crossed lovers, Bethany (THE ANGEL) and Xavier (THE HUMAN). Its about the 3 angels i.e Gabriel, Ivy & Bethany,sent down to earth by the higher powers to take out the dark and evil forces increasing on earth. 

In Bethany you can literally feel her empathy and love towards all humans as well as her desire to please those above her. She doesn’t quite understand why she is so enamored with humans or why she of all angels was sent on this particular mission. Her brother and sister, Gabriel and Ivy do not feel the same towards humans, although they are here to protect, it is easy for them to keep them at arm’s length. 

Part of Bethany’s quest begins when she starts to have feelings for a human, Xavier. Everything is starting to finally go well when bad boy Jake enters the picture and once again turns Bethany’s life upside down.

Halo was a good read & I’m definetly curious about the next in the series, Hades. Overall, I'd say it was a decent start to a new series.


FAV QUOTES-

“A man in love can do extraordinary things, I don’t care if you’re an angel, you’re my angel, and I won’t let you go.” 


“Did I mention I've finally decided on a nickname for you?"

"I didn't know you were looking."
Well, I've given the matter some serious thought."
"And what have you come up with?"
"Cookie," I anounced proudly.
Xavier scrunched up his face. "No way."
"You don't like it? What about Bumblebee?"
"Worse."
"Snookie-Wookie?"
"Do you have any cyanide?"
"Well, some of us are just a bit hard to please.” 


“When's your birthday?"

I was taken aback by the question. "I don't like presents,"I said quickly, in case he got any ideas. "Who said anything about presents? I'm just asking for your date of birth."
"Thirtieth of February," I said, throwing out the first date that came to mind.
Xavier raised an eyebrow.
"Are you sure about that?"
I panicked. What had I said wrong? I ran through the months in my head and realised my mistake. OOPS--there were only twenty-eight days in February! "I mean thirtieth of April," I corrected and grinned sheepishly.
Xavier laughed. "You're the first person I've ever known to forget her own birthday.” 


“Molly: So how do you think of Bryce Hamilton crowd so far? Boys hot enough for you?

Bethany: I wouldn't say hot. Most of them seem to have a normal body temperature.” 


“Sit, Phantom!" Ivy cooed. "On your bottom!"

"Oh, for goodness' sake!" Gabriel put down his book and pointed a longer finger at Phantom. "Sit," he commanded in a deep voice. Phantom looked sheepish and sank straight to the floor.
Ivy scowled in frustration. "I've been trying to get him to do that all day! What is it with dogs and male authority?” 


“She had the face of an angel

I saw mirrors in her eyes
We were the same, she and I
Both bound by potent lies.

In him I saw my future
In him I saw my friend
In him I saw my destiny
Both my beginning and my end.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment