Sunday 18 November 2012

Thomas & January (Sleepless, #2) By Fisher Amelie Review





















SUMMARY

Thomas Eriksson thinks he has it all figured out.

"People crossed the street when they saw me. I’m not really sure why that was. I mean, okay, I might have looked a bit intimidating if I was being truthful with you. I’d changed since New York. New York represented a life that wasn’t real, not truthfully, anyway. No, New York was the “young, immature, in love, idiot" side of Tom. The “Tie-Dye Tom of New York City” didn’t exist anymore. Tie-Dye Tom was dead."

January Mac Lochlainn thinks she’s her own worst enemy.

"I quit Berkeley. Threw away a full scholarship. Plans, you ask? What plans?"

But they’re both wrong.

***
Tom approached me slowly and met me under the light on the stone walkway. He leaned over me so closely, my neck craned to see his face. His expression was one of confusion as he studied my own.

“What is it about you?” he asked me.

I gulped. “What do you mean?” I whispered, closing my eyes and swallowing again, my breaths becoming labored.

He lifted his hand and dragged the backs of his fingers across my jaw so lightly I barely felt them, but they made me feel dizzy all the same.

“How can you be this extraordinary, January MacLochlainn?” He leaned closer, a look of pure frustration and anger lit his eyes and pressed his lips. “And why couldn’t I have met you before I realized I didn’t want anyone...ever?”

Life for Thomas and January will never be the same again...whether they like it or not.

REVIEW


I absolutely loved Callum & Harper by Fisher Amelie so decided to read Thomas & January as well with my expectations high and although it didn't match up to my expectations,Thomas & January did not dissapoint either.

We meet tie-dye Tom in C&H, but I really felt like he was still a bit of a mystery to me. In this book, I really found myself drawn to Tom. He is hurting from a broken heart. The woman he loved, loved another. So, Tom takes off to Austin to scout musicians.
January is just simply a sweetheart. I loved her sense of humor, her independent personality,her innocence, and her vulnerability.As a couple, I loved their mutual passion for music, their connection, and the love that they share.

It was a beautiful book about love, hurt & trust in its own way.Completely loved the characters & their depth.I loved the bickering between January and Thomas and found myself laughing hysterically.

So if you want a light quick read, pick up Thomas & January. But if you want to read something like Callum & Harper, this might not be it as its quite different from C&H.

No comments:

Post a Comment