Sunday 11 November 2012

Measuring Up By Nyrae Dawn Review



SUMMARY


Seventeen-year-old Annabel Conway is tired of the Hillcrest High School elite making her life miserable because she’s not a size two. This summer, she's hiring a personal trainer to help her lose weight.

Annabel doesn’t expect her trainer to be a gorgeous guy around her age. Boys like Tegan are jerks. They pretend to like girls like her so they can make an idiot out of them. Been there, done that. Totally not going there again. She kind of hates him on principal. Blond. Muscular. Funny. It doesn’t help that he knows her measurements!

Soon, Tegan's so much more than that. He’s the boy who teaches her to box when she has a bad day. Who jogs with her and lets her set the pace. Who kisses her until she melts. He makes her feel beautiful regardless of what the scale says. Unlike her mom, he doesn’t expect perfection, and he doesn't try to shield her from the world like her dad and best friend. Tegan likes her the way she is.

But what happens when he’s not there? He can’t always be there…

Will Annabel be able to stand on her own and learn that she already measures up? That her worth doesn’t lie in what the world thinks, the scale says, or even what Tegan tells her—but in herself?

REVIEW

First things first I really loved the cover. I dont know why but I find it really sweet. Measuring Up delivers a great & realistic message. I was hooked to this book from the very first page itself.

I'm glad that Annabel gets what she wanted in the end & how she didnt have to depend on anybody to get it. I'm glad that Tegan wasn't a jerk and he liked her from the beginning. This is every girl's dream come true. I really liked Tegan and I wouldn't mind another story with him or maybe a few chapters from his point of view. He's a very likable character.

Overall, good story. Enjoyable and heartbreaking at the same time. I easily stayed interested and didn't want to stop reading until I was finished. Made me want to go work out by the end. Lol

No comments:

Post a Comment