Sunday 21 October 2012

The Curse Girl By Kate Ellison Review



OMG! I cant believe how interesting this book was.I loved Bee. Her character was amazing. Strong, yet vulnerable, Bee is thrust into the extraordinary world while still struggling to hold onto her average teen life of friends, school and a sort-of-boyfriend.I loved how she explained herself: "I wasn't a hero, and I wasn't admirable. I was simply stubborn enough to keep going even when everything seemed to be falling apart." Then there's Will. Oh, Will. He's such a complete jerk at first.I loved the back and forth between these two. I loved how Bee called him "Beast Boy." Their bickering made me giggle so many times.
The plot was quite creative.The twists were great and what ended up breaking the curse in the end was beyond great.I also really enjoyed the Fey Lands and the different descriptions for the types of creatures there.The law of the land was quite awesome. All in all the book is pretty great.

Fav Quote -

“What about you? What do you do?” I needed to ask questions, draw him out. I needed to find out all the information I could. My voice sounded strong and smooth, but my hands were shaking. I put them in my lap so he couldn’t see.
“I prey on innocent villagers and terrify their children,” he said with a nasty smile. “And sometimes when I’m feeling really evil, I read books or paint.”

No comments:

Post a Comment