Monday 15 October 2012

As You Wish By Jackson Pearce Review



I loved this book. I was sucked into the story the moment I started reading it and just couldn't put it down. This was a fun and interesting story. I haven't really read many genie books, so it was a nice change and a fresh idea to me. Viola was an interesting character. She held out so long on making wishes, because she didn't want to just wish for something fake.I loved watching her and Jinn grow throughout the book. Not even that their relationship grew beyond genie and master, but that they each grew as individuals too. Jinn was an excellent character,totally loved him.Lawrence was also a very good character. I would love to have him as a friend. He was really down to earth and caring. He also seemed like he knew how to have fun without having to go to parties all the time. Really, all the characters in this novel were real and genuine and mostly I wanted to be friends with them.
The genie aspect of this story was beautifully woven in folklore about the whole genie myth.It was a well-developed story.
So if you want a fairly light and interesting read about something a little out of the ordinary, make sure you pick this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment