Tuesday 28 August 2012

Pushing The Limits By Katie McGarry Review





This book was a total emotional rollercoster. It's not very often that I read a book which makes me wanna smile, laugh or cry soo much. Pushing The Limits by Katie McGarry definetly did all of that. The storyline of the book is VERY interesting and you cant really know or guess what is gonna happen next. The other characters which I loved other than Echo & Noah of course are Lila, Beth,Isaiah and obviosly Mrs. Collins, the social worker.Her driving scenes are some of the funniest moments in the book.

I found this novel difficult to put down. Echo and Noah both have terrible pasts and their stories are compelling.The romance is told in the alternating points of view of Noah and Echo, so their mutual attraction is obvious to the reader before the couple figure it out themselves.The chemistry between Noah and Echo is to die for. The other couple I can think of that even comes close to what they have is Brittany and Alex from Perfect Chemistry.What I loved about Noah and Echo’s relationship is that they didn’t spend the whole book going back and forth on whether they should be together or not. They both knew it was going to be hard at times, but they trusted their feelings and went for it anyway. Of course there were more than enough conflicts to keep my fingers crossed for them to get their happily ever after, but I find real relationship issues so much more interesting to read about than the back-and-forth that comes first. And the tension in this relationship, the tenderness and attraction and love was just so beautiful to me.

Pushing the Limits is a very dramatic teen romance, totally recommendedb by me.

Fav quotes-

1) "Oh, I don’t know. Wander around by myself, probably end up dead,stuffed in the bottom of that guy’s shopping cart."

2) “She’s in the zone. Good luck getting her attention.Do me a favor. If she ends up painting her whole face, grab my camera from my desk and take a picture. I’ll add it to my collection.” She gazed at Echo and smiled. “I’ll title that one Smurf. Nice tats, by the way.”

“I’m focused, not deaf,” mumbled Echo after the teacher left.

3) “That big red shiny thing inches from you was another vehicle.”

No comments:

Post a Comment