Saturday 25 August 2012

Dark Heart Surrender By Lee Monroe Review



Lee Monroe's enjoyable trilogy comes to a close with 'Dark Heart Surrender'.  I was looking forward to reading this one and finding out whether or not Jane and Luca would get their happy ending. The two have had many ups and downs throughout the series and obstacles have constantly been put in their way but regardless of that it's always felt like they were destined to be together.
      Two new characters are introduced early on in the book, a brother and sister pairing called Ade and Polly.  There's a lot more to them than first meets the eye and at times I found them really creepy and quite unsettling.
      I think my only criticism of this book would be that the ending was a little abrupt. Without spoiling anything I kept waiting for a big romantic moment between Luca and Jane which never really came. I found it a bit disappointing because I'd invested so much in their relationship.Saying that though, the final few chapters were very exciting and full of intrigue and suspense.

No comments:

Post a Comment