Saturday 25 August 2012

Dark Heart Rising By Lee Monroe Review



I like how this series is progressing!
This book is jammed packed with action as well as  secrets left and right.
I really enjoyed the narrative switches in this novel. I don't recall the narrative having switched at all during the first book, but in this one, we get to see, not just inside Jane's head, but inside Luca's and Raphael's too, which is really interesting and, especially with Raphael, gives us a much deeper understanding of his character.
The story itself was easy following with unpredictable twists to the story and also a few predictable ones but they kept me interested until the very end.The only major problem I had with the book was Luca. I completely understand he was was trying to please his parents and follow the rules of Nissilum but my god, I have never wanted to shake a character so much in my life than I did with him. He was just so frustrating for pretty much the entire book. He spent all his time moody, cold and so sad by trying to ignore Jane that he was just willing to over look his and Jane's happiness. In the end, though he did redeem himself.
Overall, I did enjoy this book more than book one and I look forward to reading more about Jane and Luca's story.

No comments:

Post a Comment